Dementia is the loss of mental functions that is severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. Processes of thinking, memory, and reasoning become extraordinarily challenged. Alzheimer’s disease accounts for more than 60% of all cases of dementia. Other types of dementia are brought on by substance abuse (drugs, alcohol, and prescription drug abuse). Psychological conditions like severe depression can also be mislabeled as dementia.
Articles RSS feed for this section
Homeopathy is a type of medicine used today which originated in the 1700’s by Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, the father of homeopathy. Homeopathy is energy medicine in that each remedy is the energetic equivalent of the element, having the opposite effect than the element on the being. For example we use coffea (homeopathic coffee) to treat insomnia. The element coffee is a stimulant and the energetic form is a calming agent.
Osteoporosis is a tragedy. I say this for two reasons: (1) it is 100% preventable in people who are candidates for hormone therapy, and (2) it is the #1 cause of disability in our country. A disease that is preventable is the main cause of disability in the elderly in our country. Unbelievable but true.
All protein foods contain amino acids. When you eat animal or plant proteins it takes a while for your body to digest the food into its individual components and to absorb all of the amino acids. This is the same fact for taking protein powders.
Turmeric – active ingredient Curcumin studied for the prevention of: Alzheimer’s Disease, Arthritis, Cancer. Ginger Aides in Digestion and Immune Support
Cold and flu remedy, clears sinuses, sore throat, nasal congestion. Digestive support – absorption, calming, inflammation, nausea, decreases gas, cramps.
Lemon – helps with many aspects of wellbeing – in particular the bioflavonoids stabilize mast cells preventing histamine release into the body. Juice together and dose to taste!
Vitamin C is required for the manufacture of collagen. Scurvy is a disease that is a result of a vitamin C deficiency. The chemical name for vitamin C, ascorbic acid, is derived from the Latin name of scurvy, which is scorbutus. The first symptom of scurvy is lethargy. The next symptom is spots on the skin, spongy gums, suppurating wounds, tooth loss, neuropathy, and death.
Most people think of preventing or treating bladder infections with cranberry juice or capsules, and it is very effective. A more effective way to treat bladder infections is to use an extract of the cranberry called D-Mannose.
This is a simple sugar that binds onto the bacteria, preventing it to adhere to the bladder wall. D-Mannose is 10 times more potent than using the entire cranberry extract. We carry one called UritraX, it is in powder form and tastes sweet.
Here is something you don’t want to miss out on this winter. Studies are often done from November to February (flu season) — notice that when people take Vitamin D, Iodine, garlic and ginger there are less cold and flu outbreaks and they are shorter in length and intensity.
Chlorophyll is a natural substance in plants that allows them to absorb light from the sun and convert it into energy. It provides the green color of grasses, leaves and vegetables. In human blood cells, hemoglobin carries oxygen to tissues. Hemoglobin and chlorophyll are similar structures except that the center of hemoglobin is iron and the center of chlorophyll is magnesium.
Eggs are quick, high protein, easy, snacks or meals. More importantly, how we prepare the egg determines how much inflammation we will have and how aggressively we will age.
egg_rawWhen you open an egg, you see the yolk intact surrounded by the white part. The moment you start to scramble or beat the egg, oxidants are being formed – toxic chemicals that are released when the broken proteins are exposed to air.
- Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – Many Uses December 7, 2010
- Treating Infections Naturally December 29, 2011
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) August 11, 2009
- Melatonin Dosing and Uses April 20, 2010
- Chlorophyll – Easy, Inexpensive, Tasty and Healthy March 16, 2010
- Get Sexy! August 3, 2010
- The Number of People with Alzheimer’s Has More Than Doubled Since 1980 April 1, 2014
- Homeopathy: The Body Can Heal Itself March 20, 2014
- Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment March 16, 2014
- Healing & Health Through Amino Acids! March 6, 2014
- Longevity Drink For Life February 25, 2014
- Essentials of Vitamin C February 6, 2014
- Dr. Ramsey: Thank you! ACV is fermented, acting like a prebiot...
- Greg: Dr. Ramsey, I love your information and suggestion...
- Dr. Ramsey: I recommend having them removed by a dermatologist...
- Dr. Ramsey: It could be chronic sinusitis. ~ Dr Ramsey...
- Cindy: Dr Ramsey-any suggestions for a severe case of seb...
- patti: what would cause a constant salt taste in mouth, a...