Here is something you don’t want to miss out on this winter. Studies are often done from November to February (flu season) — notice that when people take Vitamin D, Iodine, garlic and ginger there are less cold and flu outbreaks and they are shorter in length and intensity.
Articles RSS feed for this section
Chlorophyll is a natural substance in plants that allows them to absorb light from the sun and convert it into energy. It provides the green color of grasses, leaves and vegetables. In human blood cells, hemoglobin carries oxygen to tissues. Hemoglobin and chlorophyll are similar structures except that the center of hemoglobin is iron and the center of chlorophyll is magnesium.
Eggs are quick, high protein, easy, snacks or meals. More importantly, how we prepare the egg determines how much inflammation we will have and how aggressively we will age.
egg_rawWhen you open an egg, you see the yolk intact surrounded by the white part. The moment you start to scramble or beat the egg, oxidants are being formed – toxic chemicals that are released when the broken proteins are exposed to air.
Our digestive system consists of a group of organs starting in the mouth (saliva glands) and ending with the excretion of waste products. These organs work in unison to convert food into nutrients that are necessary to feed every cell of the body. In order to convert food to energy during the digestion process, the human body secretes approximately 7.5 liters (just under 2 gallons) of different types of fluids, acids, enzymes, ions and mucous to break down, process and absorb the vital nutrients our body requires to function optimally.
Hormones are like the batteries to a car. When a battery runs out, the car stops moving or won’t start. Your choice is to push it home or replace the battery. Replacing hormones as we age is like replacing the battery in your car. And, just like cars need a battery in order to run, the human body requires hormones to run as well.
Our physical health is a reflection of our emotional body. Our cells tell us how much joy we are experiencing. The more joy we choose to have, the more flexible we are and the more strength we feel on all levels and the least amount of physical ailments we suffer. Emotions are a choice. Often times our emotions are habits. These choices are both the cause and the result of life experiences.
Searching for a healthy protein shake for you or your children is daunting, with hundreds to choose from, all varying in ingredients and promises made! Life is busy and it’s easy to grab a quick protein shake as a meal replacement. Are they safe for children? Should protein shakes be considered a meal replacement?
Olive Oil is made from the oil pressed from whole olives, which is a fruit from olive trees – so it is actually pressed juice! Olives are like grapes in that the oil will reflect the quality of the olive – however one BIG difference between olive oil and wine is that wine gets better with time and olive oil goes bad over time.
Fish oil functions as an anti-inflammatory agent in the body. Below is a list of medical conditions that have been studied and shown in the literature to be beneficial for: Cancer Prevention, Cardiovascular Support, Cognitive Function, Depression, Inflammation, Insulin Dysregulation, IQ in children, Perinatal Health, Vision Loss
Did you know that your entire body, not just your Thyroid needs Iodine? Iodine is an essential trace element that the body requires for the proper synthesis of hormones essential to life.Iodine deficiency is a silent epidemic and has quadrupled in the last the 40 years. Iodine deficiency disorders (IDD) include: hyper and hypo thyroid, obesity, psychiatric disorders, heart disease, breast cancer and cognitive disorders.
- Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – Many Uses December 7, 2010
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) August 11, 2009
- Chlorophyll – Easy, Inexpensive, Tasty and Healthy March 16, 2010
- Get Sexy! August 3, 2010
- Miracle Noodles! June 13, 2012
- Melatonin Dosing and Uses April 20, 2010
- Recipe for the Flu Season November 14, 2013
- Fatigue, Pain – Try Chlorophyll! October 30, 2013
- How to Cook an Egg October 23, 2013
- Your Digestive System! October 8, 2013
- The Facts & Science Behind Hormone Replacement Therapy: Why BHRT Should Be First Line of Medicine! September 27, 2013
- Gratitude: Your Health On Emotions September 26, 2013
- Dr. Ramsey: It has minerals in it with the 2 most important be...
- Dr. Ramsey: There are no studies that say it increases hemoglo...
- Madeline: Do you know if taking this will help to raise hemo...
- Marianne Kleminski: What healing properties does maple syrup have in i...
- Dr. Ramsey: Absolutely – yes. No reason to wonder anymore, i...
- Dr. Ramsey: No. Wait until afterwards. ~ Dr. Ramsey...