If you’re like me, you probably think of ozone as being the layer surrounding the earth’s oxygen layer. You might also think of it as the major part of smog, which is caused by the combustion of gas in automobiles. You might have heard that the ozone layer is becoming thinner and therefore is dangerous, as it will prevent the earth’s oxygen from being “held in.” One way to make more ozone, which is needed for the survival of this planet, is through lightening that goes from cloud-to-cloud as in the Catatumbo lightning in Venezuela. It occurs for 10 hours a night on average 200 days a year. This type of lightening activates oxygen molecules, breaking up 02 molecules into 01 (oxygen ion) or 03 (ozone). Through this mechanism more ozone is made which is essential for Mother Earth’s existence.
Also, you might hear about “high ozone days” when people with lung conditions are told to “stay inside to prevent getting ill.” Little do people know that ozone is just a minute fraction of smog, maybe 1%, but it is the one thing that can be measured easily and the rest is debris from many things.
On one hand, you hear ozone is essential for the survival of our planet, and on the other it is toxic to breathe. Both statements are true. Here is just one more curve ball: You might hear that taking mega doses of anti-oxidants will help prevent cancer and other things that scientifically haven’t been proven to be very helpful. I will tell you that I agree with this because if anti-oxidant enzymes aren’t functioning well, these nutrients don’t do a darn thing.
The nutrient that every cell depends upon and cannot live without is oxygen.
Oxygen can exist as a stable atom 02, or as an unstable electron 0-. There is 20% oxygen in the air that we breathe, the rest is nitrogen (80%). When this stable oxygen molecule is broken up through energetic forces (electricity/UV light) some group in an 03 compound (ozone) and others into 02 (oxygen). Breathing in ozone is toxic to lungs, however when it is exposed to cells with moisture there is a cataclysmal reaction that supports enzymatic reactions.
There are three main anti-oxidant enzymes that cannot function well without oxygen. The mitochondria, which are the powerhouse of every cell depends upon oxygen to make energy. When ozone is mixed into blood along with oxygen the enzyme systems and the mitochondria work much better. Of course other nutrients are essential in assisting oxidative reactions – mainly the B vitamins.
Ozone effects on the human body have been studied since the 80’s. The studies all show that is the safest medicine that can be delivered to a person as it is simply adding more oxygen to a system that is dependent on oxygen. Healthy body cells require oxygen or they die. Pathogens live in bodies that have less oxygen. Cancer cells are anaerobic–require no oxygen to live.
In summary, ozone therapy increases the amount of oxygen that the body uses. We all breathe in the same amount but we all use it uniquely. If we all utilized oxygen well there would be no pain, no depression, no fatigue and no cancer. Ozone even helps our detoxification systems transform toxic substances into harmless ones. With an abundance of oxygen our own bodies destroy pathogens (bacteria, viruses, parasites and yeast).
The following conditions respond really well to ozone therapy:
- Heart Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Weight gain
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Chronic Infections
To view articles on ozone therapy, go to The American Academy of Ozone Therapy and click on Literature. You can enter a search word if you are looking for a particular topic. Here is the link to go directly to the literature: https://www.zotero.org/groups/isco3_ozone.
See a related video here.